Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The crash...

The crash….
I remember waiting for that bus
I even remember talking to that couple
I remember flying as high as a kite
Cuz’ of weed and ish
God I pray to know why it came to this
 I had a sinking feeling 
that my life is going to be changed forever
Oh how I wish I wasn't right 
I remember putting my bus money in the machine 
going all the way to the back 
with the love of my life by my side 
with him happily talking
With me quietly writing
 God told me to write something 
I wrote who I was and who to call 
then I wrote his name too 
and then said my goodbyes to all
I knew it was my time
 I begged and prayed for God to let me live
 I wasn't ready to go yet
 but if it was my time to let me know
I look up at you as you gasp 
And say it is time my love 
you hold my hand as the tires 
Screeched the booms filled my ears
screams teared through the air
Then I saw my body below me
I didn't know what to do
I was scared 
but I knew God was here 
he held my hand and said 
Kim is not your time no not yet 
he gave me a hug 
I could breathe again 
I frantically got up 
finding bodies all around Me 
I begged and pleaded
And screamed why can't you hug them 
bring them back 
They are lost and scared 
hold their hand 
guide them 
light their way
Another boom 
another car crashed into our bus
Glass flying 
the bus slowly turning on its side
Babies crying
 but there were not babies on this bus
 where are those babies that I hear
I wake up in the hospital 
surrounded by my family 
they're all gathered around me
My daughter smiling at me 
but I realize she's not the daughter that I left 
she is no longer a newborn 
but a three-year-old
 my husband holding my hand
Crying tears of joy
My husband says
 you survived the crash my love
I begged and pleaded for you to wake up
 you have been in a come on my love 
the doctor said
 it was a miracle
 I reply yes it was
God hugged me
God held me 
and he said it wasn't my time no not yet 
I wept and wept 
I look at my daughter 
made up for lost time
 God took hold of me 
he's never once left me since










1 comment: